Resources for Clubs
Club Leadership Resources
- See our How to Start a Bicycle Club or AO document (PDF) for sample by-laws; our guide to Incorporation and Tax Exempt Status for Bike Clubs includes links to additional resources.
- Bylaws of the Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club
- Working document on Kansas City Bicycle Club/Johnson County Bicycle Club merger, 2011-2012
- Ride safety handout, Horsey Hundred ride, Bluegrass Cycling Club
- Pre-ride briefing, Austin Cycling Association
- Tips for new cyclists, Bluegrass Cycling Club
- Twin Cities Bicycling Club has a full webpage of leader resources & documents.
- Morris Area Freewheelers Bicycle Club Club Safety Policy
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine group ride guidelines card
Waivers and Incident Report Forms
- American Specialty, who provide our club insurance, offer a suggested waiver form for policy holders and an online incident report form on their site.
- See our How to Start a Bicycle Club or AO document (PDF) for sample waivers, and incident report forms
Online member management systems
Member clubs use a wide array of software solutions for managing their programs. More discussion of their features and implementation is available in the Membership webinar, archived on our club leadership training page. Common platforms include:
- Annual member survey (2010), Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club
Spanish language materials
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition's Resource Guide. Other Spanish-language materials can be found on their website's download page. Contact LACBC if you'd like to license their materials.