Webinar: Federal Performance Measures
The transportation bill — Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century, MAP-21 — requires states to set performance goals across several categories. The details of these goals will very likely determine transportation priorities well into the future.
Join our next Advocacy Advance webinar on Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. EDT for the first our series on Understanding and Shaping Transportation Performance Measures.
This webinar series will explore the implications of the new performance measure requirements in MAP-21. How will performance measures impact bicycling and walking investments? Can they work in favor for active transportation? What should be measured? What can be measured? Join the discussion with national experts on the topic.
First up on Tuesday, we’ll find out the latest on federal performance measure policy from two experts from the U.S. Department of Transportation and our own Caron Whitaker, the League’s Vice President of Government Relation.
Part I: Federal Context and Perspectives
Tuesday, April 23 @ 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT –Register here
- Rebecca Higgins, Transportation and Environmental Policy Analyst, Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Robert Ritter, Acting Safety Team Leader, Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Caron Whitaker, Vice President of Government Relations, League of American Bicyclists
Part II: Current Data Collection Methods and Exploring What’s Possible
Tuesday, May 14 @ 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT – Register here
- Charles Denney, Alta Planning + Design
- Jean-Francois Rheault, Director, Eco-Counter
- Tony Hull, Senior Planner, Toole Design Group
- David Patton, Bicycle & Pedestrian Planner, Arlington County Division of Transportation
Advocacy Advance is a partnership of the League of American Bicyclists and the Alliance for Biking & Walking.