How are you celebrating National Bike Month?
Bike Month is off to a great start. Follow #BikeMonth on Twitter to see just how excited people are.
Here’s what the internet is saying about National Bike Month:
- Twenty-one communities are celebrating Bicycle Friendly Community awards. DCStreetsBlog admires snowy Minneapolis’ ascent to gold.
- A San Diego Union-Tribune reporter vows to bike to work every day in May and thinks he’s in over his head. We know he can do it — hey, he even has showers at work. Maybe the newspaper should consider applying for Bicycle Friendly Business status. Getting new folks on bikes is what Bike Month is all about. Hopefully he’ll inspire others. Also, is was gratifying to see all the supportive comments his article received.
- The Secretary of Transportation puts a little spin on it and calls it National Bike Safety Month
- What better time to launch a new Bike Style blog in Spokane, WA? bikestylespokane.com
- Sacramento kicked off Bike Month with West Sacramento Mayor Christopher Cabaldon and Sonja Atkins, coordinator with Mercy San Juan Medical Center Safe Kids. They’re challenging folks in SacTown to ride 2 million miles in May.
Several articles summarize all the Bike Month events in the community, like
New York City and Transportation Alternatives always does Bike Month up right:
- With hundreds of events planned
- Paul Steely White says Bike Polite
- Check out TA’s Bike Month NYC site
- To find out more about what’s happening near you, check out our list of nearly 200 Bike Month events
- See our free guide to hosting Bike Month events
- Help promote National Bike Month with these logos and web banners