Download 2012 Bike Month Posters: One Ride, Many Reasons
As a kid in California, I rode my bike to pass endless hours outside with my friends, getting wind in my hair and mud on my tires. As a college student at the University of Missouri, I rode to get to class and work — and the bluff-top winery off the Katy Trail. As a reporter in Kansas City, I started commuting by bike because it just didn’t make sense to pollute the environment, pay sky-high gas prices, and pull my hair out looking for parking when I had to cover a council meeting downtown.
I’m like many people who bike: Our motivations are many, but our solution is the same. That’s why we came up with this year’s National Bike Month theme: One Ride, Many Reasons.
Posters, fliers and web banners are now available for download: Click here.
National Bike Month is an opportunity to celebrate the unique power of the bicycle and the many reasons we ride. Whether you bike to work or school; to save money or time; to preserve your health or the environment; to explore your community or get to your destination, get involved in Bike Month in your city or state — and help get more people in your community out riding too!
- Find an event or organization in your area
- Download the Bike Month Guide for tips on planning your event
- Upload your Bike Month events on our website
- Customize our promotional materials with your event and information and start spreading the word
- And, new this year: Get involved in the inaugural National Bike to School Day
Do you have an inspirational — or unique — story about why you ride? Let me know: [email protected].