2018 National Bike Summit Request for Proposals
The League has opened the Requests for Proposals for the 2018 National Bike Summit. The Summit happens March 5-7, 2018 in Washington, D.C. We hope to see you there!
This year’s theme is Grass Roots Grow Together. We are showcasing successes at the local level, learning how they happen and exploring ways to expand their reach. Peer learning is a critical component of growing and strengthening the bicycle movement. Together, we make our local, regional and national work a unified force of unstoppable change.
What bike-related initiatives, programs, campaigns, or projects have you done which others could benefit from learning about and potentially use in their own community? Has your grass roots initiative done one or more of the following:
- United diverse groups or communities;
- Engaged “non-bike” partners;
- Campaigned for changes that make bicycling safer, more comfortable and convenient for all;
- Increased bicycling skills and rider confidence through bike safety education;
- Created new opportunities for people on bikes;
- Secured funding through innovative ways.
Whatever your success is, we want to share it with others! All proposals will be considered for a presentation and a poster session unless otherwise noted.
The RFP is open to the public and will be open until October 31 at 11:59 pm HAST (Hawaiian-Aleutian Time Zone). All proposals will be considered by a review team. All applicants will be notified of decisions at the end of November.