What To Expect At The 2023 National Bike Summit
Whether you’re a bike advocate, occasional bike commuter, League cycling instructor, or just someone interested in learning more about our movement to build a Bicycle Friendly America, the League’s 2023 National Bike Summit is the premiere event to strengthen your skills and knowhow to make biking better for everyone — and it’s only 11 weeks away!
This year’s Summit will take place Sunday, March 26th through Wednesday, March 29th, when hundreds of bike advocates from across the country will meet on the Whova app for all-access virtual sessions and in the streets of D.C. for in-person interactive sessions, networking events, mobile workshops, and other opportunities to ride. Wherever you are, you can take part in our once again hybrid National Bike Summit.
In 2023, be part of our bike revolution at the National Bike Summit. We have secured big wins in funding bike infrastructure over the past two years, and now we are at a critical moment in the movement to build safer roads, encourage slower speeds, and engage diverse and inclusive partners to make biking better for everyone. As communities across the country begin to utilize investments to implement changes to our streets, let’s make sure it’s done right! Register today to be a part of what comes next »
The time is now to secure your spot (in-person registration will be limited to the first 400 people that register) and at the lowest rate! Our Early Bird Discount will end on Sunday, January 8th at 11:59 pm ET. League members also benefit from discounted registration, so consider joining the League to receive all of the great year-round benefits of being an integral part of the movement for better biking.
We also offer special discounts and scholarships to ensure everyone is a part of the conversation. Youth as well as members of BIPOC-led and BIPOC-serving bike clubs can attend the Summit virtually for free! Email [email protected] to inquire about our discounts.
While we’re still finalizing the agenda, you can expect four days jam-packed with bikespirational content and wheely-fun bike rides! Check out what’s on the schedule so far:
- Networking events. Be introduced to an organization you’ve never heard of, find new people to ride with at a group bike ride or stumble upon your next job opportunity by mingling at our happy hours or in our online Whova community. League Cycling Instructors and bike clubs have their own networking sessions!
- Engaging breakout sessions, live-streamed for all attendees to watch either at a computer or in-person at our DC venue. Breakout sessions will cover topics ranging from fighting freeways, to developing e-bike subsidies, using data and technology to improve bike safety, creating partnerships beyond the bike movement to accomplish common goals, and much more!
- Announcement of our Advocacy and Education Awards. Every year we honor those making a difference in the bicycling movement with our Annual Advocacy and Education Awards. Discover your next project or be inspired when you hear their stories. Submit your nominations for our 2023 awards »
- Lobby Day. We cap off the Summit each year by meeting with our representatives in Congress to advance biking issues on the Hill. All Summit attendees also receive training to be effective members of the Bike Lobby.
- Professional Development for Government Employees. If you’re attending the Summit as part of your job working for a public institution or a state, local, or federal agency, the League offers professional development and networking opportunities for public employees as an alternative to Lobby Day activities.
- Active Transportation Leadership Institute (in-person only). An all-day workshop where staff and volunteers with local and state advocacy organizations can learn what’s worked from other leaders and grow their organization’s capacity to make biking better for everyone.
- Plenaries and other keynotes are to be announced soon! (We invited Secretary Pete Buttigieg, who joined us last year for a bike-side chat)
- And of course … bike rides! There will be plenty of opportunities to take guided rides to see the sights or explore the latest and greatest in infrastructure in DC.
We’ll be announcing more content and a few surprise speakers soon — follow the League’s website, e-newsletter, and social media for the latest news.
Don’t forget to register now to secure your early bird discount »