New Resources for Club and Organizational Leaders
I’m excited to announce some new resources to help clubs learn from one another:
- As we announced here a week or so ago, there will be a Club Leadership Weekend in Memphis on May 6-7. Face to face is still the best way to learn, share, and build relationships.
- We have another club leadership webinar coming up on May 10, at 8pm Eastern — Club Leadership 101. Aimed at new and growing clubs, we’ll cover some of the basics of getting established. Paul Rubin of the Memphis Hightailers will join us to share some lessons learned from revitalizing that club. Register now.
- And while you’re thinking about Club Leadership Training, please take our survey on Club Leadership Training, to help us improve the program. You don’t need to have attended an in-person or web event to take the survey, as long as you’re a club leader.
- I’ve also created a new resource library of sample club documents, from safety tip sheets to newsletter guidelines. I’m looking for more — if your club has created resources that you’re particularly proud of, please send them to [email protected]
- Last, but not least, I’d like to announce a new email list for club leaders — if even a fraction of our members clubs and advocacy organizations have their leaders join, we’ll have hundreds of savvy cycling leaders sharing their knowledge with one another.
In other news, the League is now offering a free year of membership to clubs or advocacy organizations in their first year of operation. Contact [email protected] to apply.
Thanks, and don’t forget to register for the Memphis Club Leadership Weekend!