Join us: #IBIKEIVOTE
Even when you ride alone, you’re part of something bigger. Every time you get on your bike you make your community — your country — better.
Bikes bring us together, uniting us across political lines for a common bipartisan goal: Building a bicycle friendly America for everyone. Whether or not you bike to your polling place on election day, you are a citizen cyclist — and your values for safer streets makes a difference no matter who’s on the ballot.
So declare yourself. Tell your friends, your family, leaders in your community and beyond: I Bike, I Vote. Today, we’re launching a new campaign — I Bike, I Vote — mobilizing Americans around the idea that when we bike and we vote, we advance our vision for safer, healthier, more connected communities.
Here are FIVE ways for you to get involved:
1) Inspire your friends and family: Download the Facebook timeline cover photo and social media icons here and here.
2) Show your pride: Purchase an I Bike, I Vote sticker and support bike advocacy.
3) Get engaged: Join our Action Alert list so you can make a difference with the click of your mouse when your voice counts at the local, state and federal level.
4) Join the movement: Learn more about the bike movement and how you can plug into League programs, from Women Bike to Smart Cycling education, through our bi-weekly E-news.
5) Become a member: The League has been promoting and protecting the rights of bicyclists since 1880. Invest in the future of bicycling by becoming one of the thousands of members of the nation’s oldest bike advocacy organization!