DISCOVER YOUR LOCAL BICYCLING COMMUNITY
Find local advocacy groups, bike shops, instructors, clubs, classes and more!
Happy Earth Day
April 22, 2010/
Earth Day news from the bike blogosphere.
- Denver celebrates Earth Day by launching a 400 bicycle bike share program (BikeDenver)
- Bike backlash from business turns to can’t beat’em join ’em as AASHTO gets in the livability game. (Streetsblog Capitol Hill)
- Senator John Kerry, who was spotted riding his bike in D.C. this week by a friend of the League, says the time is right for energy legislation. (Politico)
- Does transportation need a sustainability measurement system? (National Journal)
- Small businesses are taking steps to be environmentally friendly, but aren’t yet making transportation a top priority (Business Wire)
- A little wonky trivia: Cities with a modal share of public transport, cycling and walking above 55 percent produce on average about 2.4 tons less CO2 from passenger transport per capita per year than cities where the modal share of private motorised modes is above 75 percent. (International Association of Public Transportation)