Tips for (Current & Aspiring) Bicycle Friendly Communities
Tips for (Current & Aspiring) Bicycle Friendly Communities while the BFC Application is offline
Earlier this year, the League announced that the Bicycle Friendly Community (BFC) application would be offline from September 2021 to 2022, to allow our Bicycle Friendly America team to take some dedicated time to update the BFC application and resources for applicant to better reflect the updated '5E' Framework that officially includes Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
We understand that most Bicycle Friendly Communities typically spend months working on their BFC application, and that many communities use the BFC application itself as a guide and source of ideas for improvements before they even apply.
So while the BFC submission form is offline for the coming months, here are some suggestions for current and aspiring Bicycle Friendly Communities on specific actions you can take now to strengthen your next BFC application and improve your standing in the BFC program.
Checklist for Current & Aspiring Bicycle Friendly Communities
You don't have to stop there...
- Check out the BFC Resources page for more ideas and inspiration!
- Sign up to be more directly involved in BFC Equity update process in Spring 2022.
- If you have questions about the BFC program, review the BFC FAQs page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to be notified when the BFC application reopens for submissions and to receive other BFC-related updates.
- Find the latest BFC news and updates at bikeleague.org/community.