BFS Historical Rankings
If you would like to know more about your state’s past rankings we have created two charts that may help you understand how your state’s ranking has changed over time.
- This chart attempts to provide an easy to understand snapshot of past state performance in the Bicycle Friendly State ranking. Instead of each state’s past rankings, this chart shows three metrics:
- Consistency – does the state have a consistent ranking or does it vary year-to-year?
- Past Performance – where has the state typically ranked during the history of the program?
- Trend since 2012 – do past rankings suggest the state will be ranked higher or lower next year?
- This chart shows all past rankings for each state. It is important to note that there was no 2016 ranking and that changes to both the survey and its scoring rubric have occurred throughout the Bicycle Friendly State program’s history.