#BikeSummit20 registration now open!
Join hundreds of bike advocates in from March 15-17, 2020, in Arlington, VA, for the largest grassroots bicycle advocacy conference in America. In addition to expanded networking opportunities, educational panels and plenaries, interactive workshops, and some spontaneous moments of #BikeJoy, the 2020 National Bike Summit is where people who bike will come together with one voice and tell Congress: save lives and build Safe Streets for Everyone.
Take advantage of Early Bird pricing between now and January 10!
As the final agenda takes shape, this is what you can expect at the 2020 National Bike Summit:
- Panels, posters, and plenaries offered by leaders from across the country
- Training on how to lobby your elected officials and a Capitol Hill Lobby Day
- Longer breaks between sessions to catch up with friends, meet new ones, and to network with other advocates
- Bikes! Between the rides, workshops, sponsors, and free time, there will be so many chances to rekindle the “why” behind our work
- Thought leaders who will highlight the urgency of our work for better bicycling through broader lenses
The League is thrilled to announce two speakers who will be sharing their passion for change with #BikeSummit20 attendees:
|Keya’s bike advocacy is local: spurred by training offered through her region’s advocacy organization, WABA, she organized with neighbors to start Safe Streets for Hill East and Near Northeast.
Keya’s advocacy is also very global: she is the executive director of the US Climate Action Network, which builds trust and alignments among its members to fight climate change in a just and equitable way.
How can bike advocates and climate advocates align? We look forward to Keya’s insights and inspiration!
|“Uber manager raised concerns about self-driving program just days before fatal collision” was just one of the headlines in December 2018 when it came to light that Robbie had emailed top executives with safety concerns about their autonomous vehicle testing.
With multiple companies working on and testing AVs, which offer some promise of safety but also pose risks, what are industry insiders doing to mitigate the dangers and ensure equitable outcomes for all people using our roads? We have plenty of questions for Robbie, CEO of Pronto, at #BikeSummit20!