Bike Summit Buzz Ripples Across the Country
It’s been three weeks since the conclusion of the 2013 National Bike Summit — but the buzz is still rippling across the country. With 750 people in attendance, and our most diverse and exciting program yet, there was a discernible shift in tone from Summits past.
What did attendees take away from their experience? Plenty of new ideas, a-ha moments and excitement about the future of the movement…
Although it was my eighth summit, it felt really new and fresh. Jim Sayer (pictured, left, with April Economides), Executive Director of the Adventure Cycling Association, shared his Top 5 Takeaways from the Summit (also included: a picture of a red, white and blue folding bike!).
The bike summit armed us with the tools we need to get businesses on board. BikeArlington‘s Zanna Worzella posts on how the facts and figures presented at the Summit make the case for bicycling. She’s pictured with the rest of the BikeArlington team and Janette Sadik-Khan, Zanna on the far right.
And StreetFilms captured the voices and perspectives of a number of speakers and attendees on how Bicycling Means Business for their communities.
National Bike Summit 2013 from Streetfilms on Vimeo..But that’s not all. Across the country, advocates from New Orleans to Indianapolis are sharing what they learned and how it will impact their work. Click the links below to read more from…
- Bike Easy from New Orleans has an “aha”-moment on how biking makes sense and cents.
- Bike Texas gives the Lone Star perspective.
- Consider Biking has a links page to a radio show and other info on the Summit.
- Bike Delaware has a Top 3 Takeaways, which happen to not include the 5 from Adventure Cycling.
- The Greater Valley Forge Transportation Management Association gives a succinct wrap-up.
- Bicycle Garage Indy has a nice personal narrative from Summit presenter Connie Schmucker.
- Georgia Bikes! deserves that exclamation point; they won the Alliance for Biking and Walking‘s Advocacy Campaign of the Year award!
- LACBC joined 70 other Californians at the Summit.
- Bicycle Retailer and Industry News have a number of good articles on the Summit.
Reading your recaps has us excited about Summit 2014 already! Want to relive the experience or get a glimpse of the fun? Visit the Summit page to check out the photo collections, watch the keynote addresses and download the workshop presentations.
And stay tuned for an exciting announcement on Monday…