Apply now to host a federal funding workshop
Advocacy Advance is now accepting applications for its 2012 Action 2020 Workshops.
These workshops bring together advocates, agency staff, and elected officials and are designed to ensure that participants have the knowledge, skills and resources to access untapped or under-utilized federal funding sources at the state, regional and local level to build bicycling and walking infrastructure and programs. These workshops are offered for free, thanks to the generous support of SRAM.
During the workshops, participants will:
- Learn about under-utilized funding sources that exist for biking and walking projects and programs, which the region has not yet tapped into;
- Learn the key characteristics, requirements, and opportunities of those sources and best practices from around the country;
- Discuss favorable factors for bicycling and walking investments;
- Understand the important role of advocates, agency staff, and elected officials in securing this funding; and
- Share knowledge and experiences in the local context, working together to develop a list of local priorities and strategies for funding bicycle and pedestrian projects and programs.
The deadline to apply to host a workshop is Friday, February 24.
Click here to learn more and see a list of locations and hosts for past workshops. Click hereto download the application form. Advocates, agency staff, and/or elected officials are required submit a workshop application and host the workshop together.
If you have any questions about Action 2020 Workshop, email us, and we will happily assist you in your application.