A PEEK INTO THE #BIKESUMMIT22 AGENDA
It’s only eight weeks till the 23rd annual National Bike Summit! We are beyond thrilled to be shaping the future of the bicycle movement with you at the Summit and beyond. And because we need as many people involved in the conversations about making biking better as possible, this year’s Summit will continue to offer all sessions as virtual content in addition to the return of in-person workshops and bike rides.
Join us Sunday, March 27, 2022, through Wednesday, March 30th on the Whova app or on the streets of D.C. as we convene under the theme of Choosing Our Future. A historic amount of federal funding directed towards bicycling and walking projects is coming our way and now is the time to come together to mobilize and strategize how we will turn these investments into a future where biking is safe and accessible for all. Register today »
Be sure to grab your ticket soon as the Early Bird Discount on registration will end on January 31, 2022. As always, League members also earn discounted registration, so consider joining the League to receive all of the great year-round benefits of being an integral part of the movement for better biking.
The first 350 registrants will also receive an Early Rider Summit Pack which features special treats from our sponsors, including a Clif hat, Clif snack bars, a BikeFlights drink koozie, a Zicla mini 3-D printed Zebra Lane Separator, info on PoCampo bags and bike pins!
HERE ARE THREE REASONS YOU SHOULD ATTEND #BIKESUMMIT22
- Your voice matters. Every year at the Summit, Hill Day is the perfect opportunity to advance biking issues with your representatives in Congress. We make sure you are set up for success at your meetings and train you to be an effective member of the Bike Lobby.
- Meet other bike enthusiasts. Be introduced to an organization you’ve never heard of, find new people to ride with at a group bike ride or stumble upon your next job opportunity by mingling at our happy hours or in our Whova community.
- Find inspiration. The Summit is where different voices all gather together creating an exchange of ideas and influence. Discover your next project or be inspired when you hear the story of one of our Annual Advocacy and Education Award winners. Nominate an inspirational advocate for an award here.
PREVIEW OF SPEAKERS AND SESSIONS
- An opening plenary session discussing Promoting Safety and Equity through State and Local Policy presented by Mayor Frank Scott Jr. of Little Rock, Arkansas and Roger Millar, Secretary of Transportation for the State of Washington.
- A Lobby Day where we will call on every Member of Congress to take federal action to make biking better with a more powerful, unified voice.
- A session on School Based Bicycling Education. It’s time to talk about getting more bikes in the classroom!
- A look into how The New 5th E: How the BFC Application is Incorporating Equity with the Bicycle Friendly America director Amelia Neptune.
- A Safer Drivers Thanks to Technology session exploring the promise of vehicle technologies addressing bad driver behaviors and the advocacy required to make those promises a reality.
- A how-to session learning about Decriminalizing Walking and Bicycling in Kansas City with speaker Michael Kelly, policy director of BikeWalkKC.
- Many more sessions in our four tracks: Education, Engagement, Engineering, and Encouragement.
Plus, those who venture to Washington D.C. to attend the Summit will be able to join:
- On Sunday, kick off the Summit with a mobile workshop exploring the Traffic Garden at Thomas Elementary in D.C and/or end the day with a DC Cycling Concierge Ride to see D.C.’s Best Sights at Night.
- On Monday, join an on-site workshop on Implementing the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law where you’ll talk to FHWA staff about how the new bill will be implemented.
- On Tuesday night, enjoy happy hour at the Hill Center with old and new bike friends.
We will be updating the agenda with more content and a few surprise speakers. Keep an eye on the League’s website, emails, and social media to get the latest news. Don’t forget to register now to secure your spot at the 2022 National Bike Summit and an Early Rider Summit pack »
We recognize that the pandemic has presented a difficult time for solidifying travel plans and those who purchase in-person registration will be given the option to switch to virtual attendance as they evaluate their ability to travel in the coming weeks. Whether online or in-person, we will be happy to have you!