2015 National Bike Summit
We're just weeks away from the premier bicycle advocacy event of the year: the 2015 National Bike Summit and National Forum on Women & Bicycling. Why should you join hundreds of passionate bicyclists in Washington, D.C., March 10-12?
We didn't choose this year's theme -- Bikes+ -- lightly. We believe it's time to change the equation for bicycle advocacy. To build a bicycle-friendly America for everyone, we can't stop at bicycling as an end in itself. We must consider how bikes can add value to other movements and how our movement can expand to serve broader interests.
It's been months in the making, and we couldn't be more excited to reveal the full agenda for the Summit and Forum. What's in it for you? How is this year different than the past?
1) The Summit is the nation's biggest annual bicycle advocacy event, bringing together hundreds of passionate bicycling leaders from communities across the country. Both the Summit and the Forum connect you to other people who share your passion for bicycling -- and want to build a bicycle-friendly America for everyone.
2) The Summit unites the voices of bicyclists on Capitol Hill, highlighting critical issues and creating relationships with members of Congress that have a direct impact on biking in your community. We know the Summit gets results: Last year, we pushed for Congress to tell the U.S. Department of Transportation to set a national goal to reduce bicyclist fatalities. Before the end of 2014, they did exactly that. We won, thanks to hundreds of participants at the National Bike Summit.
3) The Summit and Forum share cutting-edge knowledge and tools you can put into action back home. And this year, we're not focused on incremental changes or tweaks to the status quo. We're thinking BIG about game-changing strategies and innovative tactics that can spur exponential growth in bicycling. The core aspects we'll zero in on:
- Leading-edge campaigns and important trends that are transforming bicycle advocacy, like transportation equity, Vision Zero and retrofitting suburbia.
- Knowledge, skills and tools to build your advocacy capacity and political power for better biking at the local, state and national level.
- Leadership development insights and strategies to invite more creativity and innovation into the bike movement.
- And big ideas from community leaders nationwide that are changing the face of bicycle advocacy in new and exciting ways.
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss the premier bike advocacy event of the year! Register for the Summit today!
- Forum Spotlight: Lisa Nutter
- Forum Keynote: Rue Mapp, Outdoor Afro
- Summit Big Idea: Next Evolution of Public Participation
- Forum Pop Up Shop Vendors Announced
- Summit Big Idea: Bikes + Books
- Summit Big Idea: Bike To Shop Day
- Summit + Forum Agenda Announced
- Summit: What to Know Before You Go
- Summit Big Idea: Low-Stress Bicycling Networks
- Summit Big Idea: Protected Bikeways in the Burbs
- Forum Preview: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
- Summit Bid Idea: Digital Advocacy Network
- Summit Preview: Vision Zero
- Summit Preview: Retrofitting the Suburbs
- Fighting Inequality Through Policy: Maya Rockeymoore
- Big Idea: Laughter
- Forum Spotlight: Karen Bliss
- Crowdfunding Big Ideas
- Power of the People: Cascade Bicycle Club's Advocacy Leadership Institute
- 2014 Summit Victory -- and Why You Need to Join Us in 2015!
- Accepting Proposals: Forum Pop-up Shop
- Recruiting & Grooming Candidates
What to Know Before You Go: Process.
What to Know Before You Go: Policy.