Stay Up to Date
Receive bi-weekly news from The League delivered straight to your inbox.
Laurita Wins Educator of the Year
It was no surprise to learn that Jennifer Laurita received the highest number of nominations for our 2013 Educator of the Year award. During my time with the League, Jenni has been both a pleasure to work with and an important contributor to bike education.
In 2013, the League hosted its first Coach Training, where Jenni served as one of the lead instructors and creators of the training. Both LCIs and coaches have benefited from her experience and expertise in training facilitation - time and time again seasoned instructors tell me they've learned more from just watching Jenni facilitate than their experience and trainings combined.
Pulling from just a few of the many nominations Jenni received:
- [Jennifer] is a fantastic instructor with an innate sense of a student's need. She's as passionate about cycling as she is knowledgeable. Her energy level is unmatched — and it's both contagious and motivating
- Jennifer represents a rare and exceptional ability to combine professionalism and knowledge, while being approachable and accessible. She is dedicated to her students, lends her professional skills to the community, and is a professional resource.
- Jenni is a tireless, compassionate and passionate educator who instills confidence and enthusiasm in her students. People who were scared of cycling, who are recovering from traumatic experiences, or who simply never tried before, become visibly relaxed and more confident after classes with her. She is simply amazing!>
- In 2013 I took the LCI class taught by Jennifer and discovered a most dedicated, talented, and extraordinary educator.
- Jennifer goes above and beyond to make EVERYONE feel comfortable
There are some exciting changes coming to the League's education program in 2014 - all of which are focused on making the program more accessible and more intentional to the user and instructor. Jenni had been a wonderful help to this process. It is impossible to express the amount gratitude the League has for all of Jenni's assistance. She dedicates so much of her time and energy to improving the world of bike education.
Jenni, you are so deserving of this award — nothing you do goes unrecognized.