Jobs & Internships
General job & internship inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bicycle tour network manager
The League of American Bicyclists is a 501(c)(3) individual membership organization dedicated to promoting and protecting the interests of bicyclists.
Based in Washington, D.C., the League is dedicated to leading the movement to create a bicycle-friendly America for everyone. We believe that bicycling brings people together and our vision is a nation where everyone recognizes the opportunities and benefits of riding a bike. In 2013, the League began its role as a fiscal sponsor of the Bicycle Tour Network, with the goal of laying the foundation of a strong partnership between the two organizations. The Bicycle Tour Network is the national association of tour directors from more than 100 multi-day, bicycle tours and events, and its purpose is to share knowledge and best practices among its members.
The League of American Bicyclists and the Board of the Bicycle Tour Network (BTN) seeks a manager to lead the BTN program through an exciting period of growth, becoming the program’s first full-time staff member. This person will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the League of American Bicyclists, with ¾ of his or her time spent on activities of the Bicycle Tour Network and ¼ of his or her time spent supporting the League of American Bicyclists’ membership program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizing the BTN’s Annual Conference, including heavy involvement in sponsorship, programming and logistics. The conference serves as the key event for U.S. event directors to network and learn about best practices, as well as the state of the bicycle tour industry. The 2014 themes will include the economic impact of bicycle tourism, as well as advocacy and operational best practices and trends. This year’s conference will be held in November in San Diego, Calif.
- Recruiting and serving BTN member organizations through customer service and administrative support.
- Communicating with the BTN Board, specifically in the areas of fundraising and the future of the organization’s membership services.
- Working closely with the League’s membership program by supporting individual and organizational members as well as working towards closer collaboration between the League’s Club members and BTN events
- Experience in day-to-day work of a membership organization –recruiting and renewing members is required. Experience working in a Salesforce-based membership tracking system is a plus.
- The ability to work independently and problem solve, while also being detail-oriented, are an absolute must.
- A personal connection to bicycling is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Bilingual / Spanish-speaking candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and salary is based on experience. Generous benefits and great work environment. Position will be open until filled, so early applications encouraged. To apply, send a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The League is an equal opportunity employer.